Friday, February 13, 2015

13 FEB 2015 :: Widgets to help you sell

You can see some changes to the blog page if you have been here before...

I discovered two "widgets" to try...  both for my Etsy shop...  one shows my listings and looks like it will lead the viewer to a purchase, if they want to buy something they see...  the other one displays a chosen Treasury that is associated with my shop.   I also placed the shop widget on my website for Working Together.  It is an exciting new discovery for me, which I have been sharing as much as I could.

I have been trying to increase my shop listings for some time, but all the other things I have to get done seem to distract me.  I am working to set up specific "Studio" hours for building up my inventory, but haven't decided which hours to commit to.  I am, however, changing my sleeping pattern and trying to reach a work day schedule of  6am to 10pm... meaning I will go to bed at ten and start my work-related activities about 6.  I may start setting my alarm for either 4am or 5am...to let me regain my personal Bible time and to listen to a radio program with Praise and Worship music at 5am.  This seems like a lot of thought about simple events, but committing to a schedule as a person that works at home is really an important decision.

I am excited that this widget for my shop listings is inspiring me to make more listings.  It will go through up to 200 of them.  I am wondering how long it would take me to reach that level.  :-)

The TREASURY widget is important because it is replacing that revolving display I had earlier. It shows Etsy products that I personally like, and it allows me to share what other sellers are making.  For my blog, that diversity is a way to reflect my purpose.

All of this is making my crafts blog more of an Etsy adventure...but time will help me to decide how I want to handle the craft sharing process.  Many of the Etsy shops lead to other places via their blogs and other social media links.  It is a big world. There are many talented creative people to discover.

For my website, I am trying to find the smaller version of this widget. I first noticed it at a Russian site I linked to... I think it was Russian, it was over there somewhere.  It would be much better as a smaller item.  The larger version is fine for my blog.


I haven't explored all the links on the widgets, or the buying process through this widget.  I will be doing that in the days to come.  If there are any problems, I may update this post with the information or I may put the information in a new post.

You can explore all the options available at the widget site ( craftcult.com ) for yourself...   If you know anyone that can benefit by this marketing option, share this blog link with them so they can see how it looks and click through the links. 

Don't forget to also click the follow button for this blog to keep up with updates.  It's at the  networkedblogs.com  section by the archives.

Happy Marketing !!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog for art, crafts, and recycling topics.

Your comments are encouraged. Please be kind, no profanities or disparaging remarks, think about what you want to say, and include as much detail as you can. If you have more information about the topic, let us all know.