Saturday, February 21, 2015

20 FEB 2015 :: Transitioning

If you have visited this blog before, you will notice some of the changes I have made in the page format. I added my profile information to the end of each blog for two reasons. One, because I haven't been able to change it. (Blogger seems to force the same profile across all the blogs you start here... I am trying to find a solution for that.)  And two, because I decided to include my Working Together (WT) links to the reference section.  The profile I made for my WT blog many years ago reflects the meaning behind Working Together.

I suppose Working Together is connected to almost everything I do...even crafts. For most of my life I wanted to be an at-home mom, so when my kids came, even though I was a single parent, I tried to find a way to create income at home.  My efforts were never as successful as I wanted them to be -- NEEDED them to be! -- but I kept looking.  I am hoping to find ways to help other parents to work from home, with greater success than I had.

It is part of my efforts for Working Together - to create income opportunities to replace the ones Christians are expected to lose as the End Times progress toward the Antichrist.  I am always looking for products that will help fund WT's goals and programs, especially income, employment, and member survival benefits like financial options, shelter, food, etc.  Crafts will become a part of that survival picture -- we will need to make most of what we need.

On the current blog, I still have issues with the Etsy shop widget from craftcult.com. It is way larger than I would like it to be.  When I first noticed a craftcult widget on another site, it was a lot smaller on the page. I haven't been able to find that smaller size yet.  It will be changed when I finally do.  :-)  If you know where to find one, please share that information with me in the comments section below.

I like the Treasury widget because it replaced the revolving one from Blogger that I had before, which had nothing to do with me or my activities. I love the talent and creative products I find on Etsy. I like to share them. I hope you will explore the ones you notice in the treasuries I will place there as the months go by.  (To view the individual items at their shop listing, you just have to click on the photo.)

Another change I made was the amount of blogs you see when you arrive.  I didn't like the long list of blog entries. As I was looking around the Blogger options, I discovered the ability to limit the number of posts readers see.  I chose one.  I hope this will work out better for readers, too.  Printing information is important to me.  Blogger allows better printing than some blogs I have found. Having one post available at any one time will make printing easier.

The length of each blog is another element I have been trying to work out.  I think two printed, back-to-back pages of reasonably reduced text is enough for one blog.  It makes for easier storage and referencing, too.  One of my current efforts is to figure out how much blog to write, and how much writing and photos will keep me within that goal.  If the topic is especially important, or needs more space, then it won't matter.  But for most of my blogging, I want to keep the length at a reasonable limit.

Blogging is a big commitment of time and thought.  I want to make sure WT is able to share information to its members and others in the public. This is why I am breaking my blogs into topics.  Eventually, each topic will be written on when something needs to be shared.  How to organize this is another work in progress.  :-)  

I hope you don't mind my sharing these changes and why they are being made.  It is my process, but I think sharing that process may help others who are wondering what it would be like to start blogging.  Each week I am getting better at the process myself, and hope you will bear with me as I improve.  Thanks... if GOD allows, I will be handing off the duties of Working Together and focus on my own blogging at a personal level.  Right now I am doing what I can to create the basics.

In Christ.
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog for art, crafts, and recycling topics.

Your comments are encouraged. Please be kind, no profanities or disparaging remarks, think about what you want to say, and include as much detail as you can. If you have more information about the topic, let us all know.