Monday, May 25, 2015

25 MAY 2015 :: First Etsy purchase, and looking for supplies

I actually had to keep myself from writing a post over the weekend.  I have been trying to make myself hold to a schedule, which is forming as I discover the best way to get things done   :-), and have been trying to find a way to collect the topics and information I want to share here in a better way.  It is still a work in progress, but it IS getting better.


Last week I made my first purchases at Etsy -- one with regular Etsy checkout, one with PayPal.  I wanted to find out what it was like to be a customer.  One of the orders had an Etsy shipping label, both had tracking, one came within 3 or 4 days, the other took until Saturday's mail.  Both orders were made at the same time (something I didn't know about buying at Etsy :-) with the same shopping cart.

I would like to add that I sent a Mother's Day gift to California by Priority Flat Rate and it went all the way to New York before it went to California... and I live in Oregon!  The purchases I made had different reports with tracking than the USPS reports I had in the past.

I also have a FIVERR.com account and am trying to decide what to buy there so I can watch their sales system.  I have sold and purchased at eBay in the long past, but want to see what it is like now.  My money is tight, and I am working on a budget to take care of all these needs and more.  It will take time to get to all these things.


I followed a link from somewhere (my artbizcoach.com blog newsletter, I think) to a site called  -  difference.is - and it led to a printable form for developing a marketing strategy before or after you have your product.  :-)   I made copies to work on later, and have some I'm sending to others.  One page forms are good to focus the mental energy needed to plan something.  I hope you go to check it out, too.  It may change the way you think of your business.

It has been a busy weekend for me.  I discovered a bunch of sites to buy supplies from in the future, and discovered the difference in shipping options once I went to the checkout page.  It made me more aware of how great the shipping challenge is to online selling.  I have been looking for a good postal scale and commercial grade food scale.  They were part of my supplies hunt.  I'm getting closer buying both as I work through my product plans.

Christmas is closer than I realize... I need to get my inventory and draft listing ready!

I will share more as I go through my piles of papers and get them organized by blog topic.  I hope GOD blesses me with finances and health... then I can really keep going.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog for art, crafts, and recycling topics.

Your comments are encouraged. Please be kind, no profanities or disparaging remarks, think about what you want to say, and include as much detail as you can. If you have more information about the topic, let us all know.