Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Print on Demand - Drop Shipping - Passive Income Option

I thought I might share my newest discoveries with you today... something I am working on.

Income from home can seem so overwhelming to create, so any idea that involves less work and money and time is great to me.  I have known about drop-shipping for a long time, but wasn't able to focus on it and didn't know WHAT I would even try to sell that way.

Drop-Shipping is happening a lot these days.  I suspect all those "shipped by" notes at Walmart's site are examples of drop-shipping connections.  I have also seen some videos and checked out the income/sales option in other places.  Awhile back in this year I watched a bunch of videos from and about Drop Ship Lifestyle (.com) and decided to start looking for something I could try to sell as a drop-ship item.  I think I have found my answer in print-on-demand (POD) designs at Printful (.com) !!!

I just want to start learning about drop-shipping with ONE product.  I became interested in Printful because of something I saw about t-shirt designing... probably on YouTube, but I can't remember.  I am always browsing the web and don't keep track of all those details.

It seems that Printful integrates with Etsy shops, which is ideal for me.  I did see one video that said it can be a problem setting it up, but I haven't reached that point in the process yet.  I am trying to get my first design effort ready to upload, which is a PDF format so far.

I have also seen someone at Etsy selling posters via Printful, and lots of cup design options (in photo templates, anyway).  These three selling options are ideal for my plans.

I don't have any real design software, but I always wanted to be able to create with Adobe products.  In my explorations, I discovered  https://www.fmexpressions.com  and their FREE online course for Adobe Illustrator to design for t-shirts.  I am in the process of going through the course now.  It takes about 2.5 hours if you do it all at once, according to the site.  It is five segments so you can do one segment at a time if you want to.  I have finished the first segment and it was fine... easy to understand.  I will probably do the whole course again, or parts of it, but it is a great resource.

It is also good for me to go through this free course because I am interested in Teachable (.com) as a resource for making online teaching courses for any topic.  That is a future goal, in progress.  Experiencing online courses help you to decide what you want in your own.

As I search for ways I can increase my income, a smartphone continually surfaces as a MUST-HAVE item, which I don't yet have.  I think I need to move it up to a higher place on my list... maybe first place.  To make a tablet into a phone, you have to have the phone account first, then add the tablet as a second line... etc.   It is all connected... income, supplies, equipment, technology, success...  trying to figure out what to do first is such a hard challenge at the poverty level.  This is why I am hoping my Printful with Etsy effort will help solve some of those problems.

I know I will be working on a marketing strategy, too... getting all these tasks organized.  :-)  I am seeing that the monthly costs are going to be huge once you connect to all these separate websites.  I may need to figure out the best financial commitments and what can be done by me.  All these site charges also help me think about my own selling choices... for my crafts and for my WT products.  I am not sure what this trend means for the future.  Poor people cannot afford all these necessary internet tools.

I better get going on my goals...

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

etsy.com/shop/work2gather
Currently a work-in-progress !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog for art, crafts, and recycling topics.

Your comments are encouraged. Please be kind, no profanities or disparaging remarks, think about what you want to say, and include as much detail as you can. If you have more information about the topic, let us all know.