Thursday, October 01, 2015

Thursday, 1 OCT 2015 :: My FIRST video !!!

I am writing this blog to see how my first video uploads and displays here...  I tried to share it as a video on Facebook, but it brought up a window saying no for some reason... I have to figure that out.  I  wound up sharing it as a file with just a small group to see how it went.





As I enter this blog post, the place where my video is suppose to display is there, but the video doesn't appear until I publish it.  We will all be finding out at the same time!  :-)

It isn't a craft video... I chose the closest subject to me when I turned the camera on...  :-) ... I just wanted to try the camera and editing process.

I don't remember if I shared about the camera I finally chose to buy just to learn the process.  I understand these little cameras are popular for kids to get as gifts so they can film all the exciting things in their lives (for posterity, memories, fun).  I wanted a VIVITAR camera that I had seen online when I was searching out prices and options, but when I got to the store (Walmart in Portland, OR) there was only a JAZZ camera available.  It was about $20 for the camera, then I had to buy the recording card at almost $10, and a pack of AAA batteries at about $4, just to use it.  Still, $30 is a lot less than $300.  I will be able to learn with it and then will know more about what I want in a better camera.  I really want to work up to Documentary style camera, something like they use in media reporting, with software and all the other related equipment.

I don't use my own computer, so uploading the related files was a problem.  I don't think it has been fixed yet.  I have to wait for the owner of the computer to get home.  :-)  When I transferred the original content from the camera to the computer, it worked fine... opening up in a Windows Media file.  I tried to load it up again with the plain Window option and was able to save it to my desktop.

My first effort to edit the small portion I saved was a trial and error effort based on what I know about regular files and being willing to lose it to the trash bin.  I discovered the title page option, and the credits option, and also found some of the animations.  It was fun learning.  :-)

I am looking forward to my next effort!

==============================
It doesn't look like it is uploading... Maybe it will appear as I work on this.















Looks like I will have to leave you with this photo I took of a sunflower plant still growing... the first time I have seen one grow.  :-)

I will keep trying to figure out the video posting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog for art, crafts, and recycling topics.

Your comments are encouraged. Please be kind, no profanities or disparaging remarks, think about what you want to say, and include as much detail as you can. If you have more information about the topic, let us all know.